In-Person EEMS Trainings
Upcoming EEMS Training
When: September 22-23, 2020
Where: Edmonds, Washington
Cost: $500 USD
Our 3-day training programs, offered at our U.S. headquarters in the Seattle, WA area, include the following:
- Hands-on training on: Use of EFDC_Explorer
- Use of CVLGrid
- Theory behind EFDC+
- Application of EEMS to various test cases, including 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional modeling of lakes and estuary hydrodynamics, aquatic vegetation, water quality, sediment transport, particle tracking, and other topics
- Follow-up access to our technical staff for post-training questions.
Our next U.S.-based training is planned for September 2020; registration details are below. Trainings are also held regularly in South Korea and China. Please contact our sales partners in those countries to learn more about these trainings.
Check out this sample EEMS training schedule to get a taste of what will be offered!
Cost and Payment Policy
Register for one of our 3-day U.S. training programs at a cost of $500 per person. This cost may be credited to a subsequent purchase of EFDC+ products.
The training cost also includes:
- One-month EEMS Professional license
- Hard copy instructions for all cases presented in the training
- Three lunches and one dinner during the training.
The prerequisites for attending an EEMS Training are:
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Engineering
- Sufficient fluency in English to understand the presentations
- Previous exposure to Hydraulic/Hydrologic Engineering
Please bring your own laptop, charging cord, and mouse to the training. The laptop must have Windows installed, and you must make sure you have administrative permissions set on your computer to allow you to download and install software.
EEMS Training’s consist of various modules, which consist of a lecture on a modeling topic, followed by a hands-on session where learners can learn how to use the skills that were taught during the lecture. Learners will be have the instructors available to assist them during the hands-on session.
After completing an EEMS Training, learners should have a basic understanding of these topics:
- Lake Modeling
- Temperature and Dye Modeling
- Water Quality Modeling
- Estuary Modeling
- Wind Wave Modeling
- Vegetation Modeling
- Sediment Transport Modeling
- Lagrangian Particle Tracking/Oil Spill Modeling
EEMS Trainings can be held on-site for companies, organizations and universities worldwide. We will send our staff, training equipment, training materials, and provide EEMS Training licenses for the training attendees.
We offer regular training in South Korea in partnership with our reseller, Softline Systems. Contact us to learn about the cost of hosting an EEMS Training.
If you’re interested in hosting an EEMS Training, please complete this form and we will be in touch with you shortly.
Our Training Team is available to answer any questions you may have about the EEMS Trainings.
Please submit your questions below and we will respond to your inquiry within 1-2 business days.